Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 1

I felt much better this morning and I am too excited to wait until tomorrow, so today is day 1 of Tracy Anderson's 30 Day Method bootcamp!  If nothing else, my first workout today proved that I REALLY need this.  The food was the only part that wasn't tough!  Here is how it is going so far-- I'll update in a bit with the rest of the food reviews.

First off, the details:
Food:
I am following the vegetarian plan (just a note to any vegans out there-- I do eat eggs.  I am ok with this because they come from a beautiful farm that we visit regularly and know the owners of, where the hens run free and are not killed when they stop laying regularly)

Breakfast:  The onion and pepper omelet was delicious!  It was bigger than I expected, too, though I was still hungry when I finished.  My tum needs to learn when enough is enough :).  I could eat this every day.

Lunch:  Hmm, green beans and spinach are definitely good but I am not used to them being the entire lunch.  Still, I enjoyed them and I do get a snack before dinner.

Snack:  Tomato Gazpacho

The workout was really tough for me.  I thought I'd do a little better because I have been jogging for 45 min per day, 6 times per week for more than a month but both the mat and cardio were really tough.  I was able to do 40 reps for most of the movements, but the crunch with legs kicked out was way too much for my out of shape mama stomach.  I was only able to do 20 and my form wasn't good at all.

Cardio was tough, too, but for a different reason.  I was just so confused and bored by the routine.  I was always struggling to figure out what she was doing and so I wasn't able to do the moves as fully as I need to.  I was so frustrated that I only did the two cardio sequences once (though I did do the Thanksgiving routine, too.  It is SO much easier to follow!).  I need to give the DVD more time, I know and I will, but I may supplement more from the online material.

No comments:

Post a Comment