Monday, January 24, 2011

But vegan food is so good.....

It is 6:41 in the morning and I just ate a piece of cheesecake.  Sigh*  Sure, it was vegan cheesecake made with maple syrup rather than sugar but I have to remember that sugar free and vegan doesn't necessarily equal healthy or low calorie.  I wasn't even hungry!  These are the kinds of choices that are holding me back.

Another area I need to work on--portion control.  Here is the awesome burrito I ate for lunch yesterday:

So yummy!  It was filled with brown rice, sweet potatoes, black beans, broccoli, vegan sour cream and Daiya cheese.  I think this may be my favorite non sweet food.  Perfection wrapped in a floury tortilla!  The problem is that this burrito is huge!  I packed so much food in there that I couldn't even wrap the tortilla around it.  Definitely need to tackle portion control.
On the plus side, I had a great workout yesterday.  It is frigid here, so I went to the gym first thing in the morning and spent 45 minutes jogging on the treadmill.  Then I did twenty minutes on the weight machines, focusing on arms.  I have started maxing my weights rather than doing lower weights with more reps.  I have no idea which is the more effective way of strengthening but I like this way because I get the good sore that makes me feel like I accomplished something.  Today my husband may need to work late so I'll need to figure out how to sneak a workout in with the two monkeys running around.  Will post more on my workout plan soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment